The Department of Veterans Affairs maintains a collection of documents that are available electronically on the Internet. These public records include VA statements of policy, staff manuals, as well as high-profile records that have been previously requested by another member of the public and is likely to become the subject of another FOIA request.
The VA maintains a list of statements of policy and interpretation which have been adopted by the agency. This information is available online on the VA Directives website.
The VA maintains a list of administrative staff manuals and instructions to staff that affect members of the public. This information is available online on the VA Handbooks website.
FOIA Logs by Fiscal Year
It is likely that the information you seek has already been made available on the VA FOIA reading room. View our frequently requested records for an index of records that have already been requested by members of the public.
Purchase Card Holders
Please Note: The following information is provided in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). This is publicly available information under the FOIA. For further information, please contact the FOIA Service staff at 202-632-7600. This information is current as of January 2016.
- Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
- Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA)
- National Cemetery Administration (NCA)
- Veterans Affairs Central Office (VACO) and other VA facilities (finance center, automation center, etc.)
- 2016 Presidential Transition User Guide
- Physician's Guide to Disability Evaluation Examinations
- OIG Reports
- VA Data Breaches
- BVA CAVC Order 11-3072 File 1
- BVA CAVC Order 11-3072 File 2
- BVA CAVC Order 11-3072 File 3
- Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) Software
- VA Benefits Activity, Veterans Deployed to the Global War on Terror, June 2014
- VA Benefits Activity, Veterans Deployed to the Global War on Terror, September 2014
- VA Benefits Activity, Veterans Deployed to the Global War on Terror, July 2013
- VA Benefits Activity, Veterans Deployed to the Global War on Terror, December 2013
- Agent Orange in Korea